OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

XAMPP and phpMyAdmin configuration on Windows: "Access is Denied" error when resetting folder permissions

• Thread starter Thread starter Kemo Hashem
  • Start date Start date
K

Kemo Hashem

I'm facing a critical issue while setting up XAMPP on my Windows machine. Specifically, I'm unable to reset permissions for essential directories such as mysql\data, resulting in repeated "Access is denied" errors.

Despite attempting commands like takeown and icacls to grant administrative privileges, these efforts have been unsuccessful due to persistent permission issues. This problem prevents me from configuring XAMPP and accessing phpMyAdmin properly, hindering my ability to develop and manage databases locally.

I need a solution or workaround to resolve these permission conflicts and proceed with setting up XAMPP effectively.
<p>I'm facing a critical issue while setting up XAMPP on my Windows machine. Specifically, I'm unable to reset permissions for essential directories such as mysql\data, resulting in repeated "Access is denied" errors.</p>
<p>Despite attempting commands like takeown and icacls to grant administrative privileges, these efforts have been unsuccessful due to persistent permission issues. This problem prevents me from configuring XAMPP and accessing phpMyAdmin properly, hindering my ability to develop and manage databases locally.</p>
<p>I need a solution or workaround to resolve these permission conflicts and proceed with setting up XAMPP effectively.</p>
Continue reading...