OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

Wordpress and Static content [closed]

• Thread starter Thread starter chris
  • Start date Start date
C

chris

Can I serve static (.html) content from the same directory as a wordpress install. Where the static content is to replace some of the existing content in wordpress. We only want to remain using wordpress for maybe 2 sections of our site. We have otherwise created static pages for everything else.

I am thinking we can do some htaccess magic to get done what is ultimately desired. Which is replacing example.com/index.php (the "home") with index.html for example, while leaving the rest of the blogcentric views open to using index.php

is this possible or am I wrong in assuming I can lay over wordpress in this fashion?
<p>Can I serve static (.html) content from the same directory as a wordpress install. Where the static content is to replace some of the existing content in wordpress. We only want to remain using wordpress for maybe 2 sections of our site. We have otherwise created static pages for everything else. </p>

<p>I am thinking we can do some htaccess magic to get done what is ultimately desired. Which is replacing example.com/index.php (the "home") with index.html for example, while leaving the rest of the blogcentric views open to using index.php</p>

<p>is this possible or am I wrong in assuming I can lay over wordpress in this fashion?</p>
Continue reading...

Latest posts