OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

window.open() returns a window object but doesn't open a new window

• Thread starter Thread starter Amr Ahmed
  • Start date Start date
A

Amr Ahmed

I am trying to develop a feature that relies on having 2 screens and from a window in screen A I try to open window in screen B. using

Code:
window.open(URL, "_blank", "left=ScreenA.width, top=0,width=ScreenB.width,height=ScreenB.height")

I am aware that doing this will require two permissions window-management & pop-ups & redirects I gave both of these permissions.

I was trying it on Chromebox version 125 and it worked like charm. When I was trying it on Chrome OS version 114. window.open(...) was returning a Window object but nothing opens.

I expected both to return Window object and actually opens the window. I need to know why? does this feature rely on specific chrome version?

<p>I am trying to develop a feature that relies on having 2 screens and from a window in screen A I try to open window in screen B. using</p>
<pre><code>window.open(URL, "_blank", "left=ScreenA.width, top=0,width=ScreenB.width,height=ScreenB.height")
</code></pre>
<p>I am aware that doing this will require two permissions <code>window-management</code> & <code>pop-ups & redirects</code>
I gave both of these permissions.</p>
<p>I was trying it on Chromebox version 125 and it worked like charm.
When I was trying it on Chrome OS version 114. window.open(...) was returning a Window object but nothing opens.</p>
<p>I expected both to return Window object and actually opens the window.
I need to know why? does this feature rely on specific chrome version?</p>

Latest posts

S
Replies
Views
Sergey Bakaev Rettley
S