OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

Why do my embedded videos show a blank screen when forced into full screen mode on iOS17 (v17.5.1)?

• Thread starter Thread starter DieselHashtag
  • Start date Start date
D

DieselHashtag

Having a problem with videos showing a blank screen when first played on iPhone (iOS V17.5.1).

On desktop I have the videos playing inside a modal, but for iOS I force the videos to full screen by adding the '&playsinline=0' url parameter.

This works fine on all devices except for iOS17. For example it's fine on my old iPhone Xs which is on iOS 16.

Here is my embed code.

` https://player.vimeo.com/api/player.js.

`
Seems to be a bug with iOS17 so I'm wondering if anybody else has found a workaround?

I'm usiung Vimeo iFrame embeds but have seen some comments around embeds doing the same so I've ruled out this being a Vimeo thing.

I've tried to add some javascript 'play' listners which trigger a click on the fullscreen button after the video starts playing but I can't get those working.

<p>Having a problem with videos showing a blank screen when first played on iPhone (iOS V17.5.1).</p>
<p>On desktop I have the videos playing inside a modal, but for iOS I force the videos to full screen by adding the '&playsinline=0' url parameter.</p>
<p>This works fine on all devices except for iOS17.
For example it's fine on my old iPhone Xs which is on iOS 16.</p>
<p>Here is my embed code.</p>
<p>` https://player.vimeo.com/api/player.js.</p>
`
<p>Seems to be a bug with iOS17 so I'm wondering if anybody else has found a workaround?</p>
<p>I'm usiung Vimeo iFrame embeds but have seen some comments around embeds doing the same so I've ruled out this being a Vimeo thing.</p>
<p>I've tried to add some javascript 'play' listners which trigger a click on the fullscreen button after the video starts playing but I can't get those working.</p>

Latest posts

I
Replies
Views
impact christian
I