OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

What is a digest property?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sam Griffith
  • Start date Start date
S

Sam Griffith

I am new to using NextJS and am trying to get my first project up in production. But I am seeing this error:

Code:
Application error: a client-side exception has occurred (see the browser console for more information).
Digest: 4266806755

It seems to me like this digest property should be able to be inspected in some way, but I cannot find information on how to do this.

What is this digest property and how would I go about using it to troubleshoot my issue?

Of course it works perfectly well when testing locally using my localhost. But when I am running my code in production I saw the above error. Upon inspection of the container running my code, I see

Code:
SyntaxError: Unexpected end of JSON input
    at JSON.parse (<anonymous>)
    at parseJSONFromBytes (node:internal/deps/undici/undici:6571:19)
    at successSteps (node:internal/deps/undici/undici:6545:27)
    at node:internal/deps/undici/undici:1211:60
    at node:internal/process/task_queues:140:7
    at AsyncResource.runInAsyncScope (node:async_hooks:203:9)
    at AsyncResource.runMicrotask (node:internal/process/task_queues:137:8)
    at process.processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:95:5)
[Error: An error occurred in the Server Components render. The specific message is omitted in production builds to avoid leaking sensitive details. A digest property is included on this error instance which may provide additional details about the nature of the error.] {
  digest: '4266806755'
}

I am expecting to see no errors. But since I see this one, I would like to be able to inspect the error.

<p>I am new to using NextJS and am trying to get my first project up in production. But I am seeing this error:</p>
<pre><code>Application error: a client-side exception has occurred (see the browser console for more information).
Digest: 4266806755
</code></pre>
<p>It seems to me like this <code>digest property</code> should be able to be inspected in some way, but I cannot find information on how to do this.</p>
<p>What is this <code>digest property</code> and how would I go about using it to troubleshoot my issue?</p>
<p>Of course it works perfectly well when testing locally using my localhost. But when I am running my code in production I saw the above error. Upon inspection of the container running my code, I see</p>
<pre><code>SyntaxError: Unexpected end of JSON input
[Error: An error occurred in the Server Components render. The specific message is omitted in production builds to avoid leaking sensitive details. A digest property is included on this error instance which may provide additional details about the nature of the error.] {
digest: '4266806755'
}
</code></pre>
<p>I am expecting to see no errors. But since I see this one, I would like to be able to inspect the error.</p>

Latest posts