OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

Using GPX route or track for testing in Xcode 4.2

• Thread starter Thread starter RPeck
  • Start date Start date
R

RPeck

Has anyone had any success using a GPX route or track to test location aware apps that depend on movement in Xcode 4.2? I have been able to get it to use a single waypoint in a GPX file or even get it to iterate over a series of waypoints, but I have not been able to have it follow a track in a way that would give speed and course information. I have tried with recorded tracks from driving, hand made routes and tracks, and routes made with Trailrunner.

It may be that this functionality just is not available, but Apple does provide a freeway drive in the simulator. I want to be able to do something similar on device and in a location that I can specify. Anybody have any thoughts?
<p>Has anyone had any success using a GPX route or track to test location aware apps that depend on movement in Xcode 4.2? I have been able to get it to use a single waypoint in a GPX file or even get it to iterate over a series of waypoints, but I have not been able to have it follow a track in a way that would give speed and course information. I have tried with recorded tracks from driving, hand made routes and tracks, and routes made with Trailrunner.</p>

<p>It may be that this functionality just is not available, but Apple does provide a freeway drive in the simulator. I want to be able to do something similar on device and in a location that I can specify. Anybody have any thoughts?</p>
Continue reading...

Latest posts