OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

Unable to install Parquet in Python 3.9.18 Virtual Environment on a Linux System due to setuptools dependency issue

• Thread starter Thread starter Brent Easton
  • Start date Start date
B

Brent Easton

I am trying to install Parquet-python into a Python 3.9.18 Virtual Environment on a generic Linux VM. Linux version is 5.14.0-427.20.1.el9_4.x86_64.

The command I used was

pip install parquet --proxy <myProxyDetails>

which eventually fails with the error

ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement setuptools (from versions: none)

Full Error text:

`pip install --proxy http:// parquet Collecting parquet Using cached parquet-1.3.1-py3-none-any.whl.metadata (4.1 kB) Collecting thriftpy2 (from parquet) Using cached thriftpy2-0.5.1.tar.gz (781 kB) Installing build dependencies ... error error: subprocess-exited-with-error

× pip subprocess to install build dependencies did not run successfully. │ exit code: 1 ╰─> [7 lines of output] WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=4, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'NewConnectionError('<pip._vendor.urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x7fbd97a2af10>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 101] Network is unreachable')': /simple/setuptools/

... 3 repeated lines removed ...

Code:
  WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=0, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'NewConnectionError('<pip._vendor.urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x7fbd979d0850>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 101] Network is unreachable')': /simple/setuptools/
  ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement setuptools (from versions: none)
  ERROR: No matching distribution found for setuptools
  [end of output]

note: This error originates from a subprocess, and is likely not a problem with pip. error: subprocess-exited-with-error

× pip subprocess to install build dependencies did not run successfully. │ exit code: 1 ╰─> See above for output.

note: This error originates from a subprocess, and is likely not a problem with pip.`

I expected that Parquet should just down download and install without problems, as I have installed several packages already using the same proxy.

Assuming that the install of the thriftpy2 dependency was causing the problem, I tried to install it by itself:

pip install --proxy <proxy> thriftpy2

and got exactly the same problem.

The latest version 70.1.1 of setuptools is definitely installed in this environment (from pip show setuptools), but the install of thriftpy2 seems to be ignoring it, or it is ignoring the proxy.

Based on research, I tried the --no-dependencies argument, same result.

I also tried specifying setuptools==70.1.1 in a constraints.txt file, referenced using the -c argument. Same result.
<p>I am trying to install Parquet-python into a Python 3.9.18 Virtual Environment on a generic Linux VM. Linux version is 5.14.0-427.20.1.el9_4.x86_64.</p>
<p>The command I used was</p>
<p><code>pip install parquet --proxy <myProxyDetails></code></p>
<p>which eventually fails with the error</p>
<p><code>ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement setuptools (from versions: none)</code></p>
<p>Full Error text:</p>
<p>`pip install --proxy http:// parquet
Collecting parquet
Using cached parquet-1.3.1-py3-none-any.whl.metadata (4.1 kB)
Collecting thriftpy2 (from parquet)
Using cached thriftpy2-0.5.1.tar.gz (781 kB)
Installing build dependencies ... error
error: subprocess-exited-with-error</p>
<p>× pip subprocess to install build dependencies did not run successfully.
│ exit code: 1
╰─> [7 lines of output]
WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=4, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'NewConnectionError('<pip._vendor.urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x7fbd97a2af10>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 101] Network is unreachable')': /simple/setuptools/</p>
<p>... 3 repeated lines removed ...</p>
<pre><code> WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=0, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'NewConnectionError('<pip._vendor.urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x7fbd979d0850>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 101] Network is unreachable')': /simple/setuptools/
ERROR: No matching distribution found for setuptools
[end of output]
</code></pre>
<p>note: This error originates from a subprocess, and is likely not a problem with pip.
error: subprocess-exited-with-error</p>
<p>× pip subprocess to install build dependencies did not run successfully.
│ exit code: 1
╰─> See above for output.</p>
<p>note: This error originates from a subprocess, and is likely not a problem with pip.`</p>
<p>I expected that Parquet should just down download and install without problems, as I have installed several packages already using the same proxy.</p>
<p>Assuming that the install of the thriftpy2 dependency was causing the problem, I tried to install it by itself:</p>
<p><code>pip install --proxy <proxy> thriftpy2</code></p>
<p>and got exactly the same problem.</p>
<p>The latest version 70.1.1 of setuptools is definitely installed in this environment (from pip show setuptools), but the install of thriftpy2 seems to be ignoring it, or it is ignoring the proxy.</p>
<p>Based on research, I tried the --no-dependencies argument, same result.</p>
<p>I also tried specifying setuptools==70.1.1 in a constraints.txt file, referenced using the -c argument. Same result.</p>

Latest posts