OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

SSIS Error Code DTS_E_CANNOTACQUIRECONNECTIONFROMCONNECTIONMANAGER- have tried everything

• Thread starter Thread starter Netta G
  • Start date Start date
N

Netta G

I have created a SSIS package and I am trying to run it locally. We use package configurations that point to sql tables and a XML config file. The package ran successfully for about a week, even when deployed to a SQL Server Agent Job in our STAGE environment.

Now, the only way I can get the package to run is by not using the Package Configurations and choosing EncryptSensitivewithPassword. If I change the package to DontSaveSensitive, I continuously get the error below:

An OLE DB record is available. Source: "Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 11.0" Hresult: 0x80040E4D Description: "Login failed for user 'Test_User'.". Error: 0xC020801C at AgentCompany, Lookup [37]: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_CANNOTACQUIRECONNECTIONFROMCONNECTIONMANAGER. The AcquireConnection method call to the connection manager "Test" failed with error code 0xC0202009. There may be error messages posted before this with more information on why the AcquireConnection method call failed.

It is so strange that about a week ago, this package ran fine with the configurations and the DontSaveSensitive Option.

I have updated the config file to ensure that it is establishing the connection string to the appropriate database. I also test the connectivity on the connection managers and they all test successfully.

I also double checked the SQL Database where the user is trying to connect to ensure that it has permissions there and it does.

I am very confused. Please Help!

Updating dtsconfig file Re-creating the connection managers Making some DFT task DelayValidation to true Changing the RunTime to 32 bit EncrpytPasswordSensitive with package configs removed---This works but this is not the standard at my company and this is not how I developed and tested the package before
<p>I have created a SSIS package and I am trying to run it locally. We use package configurations that point to sql tables and a XML config file. The package ran successfully for about a week, even when deployed to a SQL Server Agent Job in our STAGE environment.</p>

<p>Now, the only way I can get the package to run is by not using the Package Configurations and choosing EncryptSensitivewithPassword. If I change the package to DontSaveSensitive, I continuously get the error below:</p>

<blockquote>
<p>An OLE DB record is available. Source: "Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 11.0" Hresult: 0x80040E4D Description: "Login failed for user 'Test_User'.".
Error: 0xC020801C at AgentCompany, Lookup [37]: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_CANNOTACQUIRECONNECTIONFROMCONNECTIONMANAGER. The AcquireConnection method call to the connection manager "Test" failed with error code 0xC0202009. There may be error messages posted before this with more information on why the AcquireConnection method call failed.</p>
</blockquote>

<p>It is so strange that about a week ago, this package ran fine with the configurations and the DontSaveSensitive Option.</p>

<p>I have updated the config file to ensure that it is establishing the connection string to the appropriate database. I also test the connectivity on the connection managers and they all test successfully.</p>

<p>I also double checked the SQL Database where the user is trying to connect to ensure that it has permissions there and it does.</p>

<p>I am very confused. Please Help!</p>

<p>Updating dtsconfig file
Re-creating the connection managers
Making some DFT task DelayValidation to true
Changing the RunTime to 32 bit
EncrpytPasswordSensitive with package configs removed---This works but this is not the standard at my company and this is not how I developed and tested the package before</p>
I have found how to fix this.