OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

Spyder Not Able to Use Tkinter

• Thread starter Thread starter ssnyder85
  • Start date Start date
S

ssnyder85

I am trying to create a Python program that uses Tkinter. I have installed Tkinter using Homebrew and did not have any errors. However, when I open Spyder and try to run it in there I get the following error:

Code:
TclError: Can't find a usable init.tcl in the following directories: 
    /opt/homebrew/opt/tcl-tk/lib/tcl8.6 /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.10/lib/tcl8.6 /Applications/Spyder.app/Contents/lib/tcl8.6 /Applications/Spyder.app/lib/tcl8.6 /Applications/Spyder.app/Contents/library /Applications/Spyder.app/library /Applications/Spyder.app/tcl8.6.12/library /Applications/tcl8.6.12/library

/opt/homebrew/opt/tcl-tk/lib/tcl8.6/init.tcl: version conflict for package "Tcl": have 8.6.12, need exactly 8.6.14
version conflict for package "Tcl": have 8.6.12, need exactly 8.6.14
    while executing
"package require -exact Tcl 8.6.14"
    (file "/opt/homebrew/opt/tcl-tk/lib/tcl8.6/init.tcl" line 19)
    invoked from within
"source /opt/homebrew/opt/tcl-tk/lib/tcl8.6/init.tcl"
    ("uplevel" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"uplevel #0 [list source $tclfile]"

This probably means that Tcl wasn't installed properly.

What is weird is if I open Spyder in terminal it runs properly without the error. I am just trying to test with a simple program before doing anything advanced. I have looked online and used A.I. to try and find this answer but nothing helps. Here is the code if it matters:

Code:
import tkinter as tk

def main():
    root = tk.Tk()
    root.title("Hello World")
    label = tk.Label(root, text="Hello World")
    label.pack()
    root.mainloop()

if __name__ == "__main__":
    main()

Also everything is updated. I just installed the newest version of Spyder today and also verified that Python, Pip, and Homebrew were current. Additionally, I made sure the environment variables in the terminal shell were updated too. I think though that if this weren't the case I couldn't get it to work if I loaded via terminal but it isn't the case.
<p>I am trying to create a Python program that uses Tkinter. I have installed Tkinter using Homebrew and did not have any errors. However, when I open Spyder and try to run it in there I get the following error:</p>
<pre><code>TclError: Can't find a usable init.tcl in the following directories:
/opt/homebrew/opt/tcl-tk/lib/tcl8.6 /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.10/lib/tcl8.6 /Applications/Spyder.app/Contents/lib/tcl8.6 /Applications/Spyder.app/lib/tcl8.6 /Applications/Spyder.app/Contents/library /Applications/Spyder.app/library /Applications/Spyder.app/tcl8.6.12/library /Applications/tcl8.6.12/library

/opt/homebrew/opt/tcl-tk/lib/tcl8.6/init.tcl: version conflict for package "Tcl": have 8.6.12, need exactly 8.6.14
version conflict for package "Tcl": have 8.6.12, need exactly 8.6.14
while executing
"package require -exact Tcl 8.6.14"
(file "/opt/homebrew/opt/tcl-tk/lib/tcl8.6/init.tcl" line 19)
invoked from within
"source /opt/homebrew/opt/tcl-tk/lib/tcl8.6/init.tcl"
("uplevel" body line 1)
invoked from within
"uplevel #0 [list source $tclfile]"

This probably means that Tcl wasn't installed properly.
</code></pre>
<p>What is weird is if I open Spyder in terminal it runs properly without the error. I am just trying to test with a simple program before doing anything advanced. I have looked online and used A.I. to try and find this answer but nothing helps. Here is the code if it matters:</p>
<pre><code>import tkinter as tk

def main():
root = tk.Tk()
root.title("Hello World")
label = tk.Label(root, text="Hello World")
label.pack()
root.mainloop()

if __name__ == "__main__":
main()
</code></pre>
<p>Also everything is updated. I just installed the newest version of Spyder today and also verified that Python, Pip, and Homebrew were current. Additionally, I made sure the environment variables in the terminal shell were updated too. I think though that if this weren't the case I couldn't get it to work if I loaded via terminal but it isn't the case.</p>

Latest posts

I
Replies
Views
impact christian
I