OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

Snowflake connector timeout due to OCSP certificate checks

• Thread starter Thread starter Abderrahim Boussetta
  • Start date Start date
A

Abderrahim Boussetta

We need to find out why we get a timeout when we try to connect to snowflake via lambda function using the snowflake connector for python. I found a not really secure way to make it works using a specific parameter (insecure_mode) inside the connector as follow:

Code:
connection = snowflake.connector.connect(user=sf_user,password=sf_password,account=sf_account,warehouse=sf_warehouse,database=sf_database,schema=sf_schema,insecure_mode=True)

We tried using insecure_mode to False and True

This piece of code doesn't work and fails with timeout error due probably to oscp checks.

Code:
connection = snowflake.connector.connect(user=sf_user,password=sf_password,account=sf_account,warehouse=sf_warehouse,database=sf_database,schema=sf_schema)

This piece of code works but unsecure I guess :

Code:
connection = snowflake.connector.connect(user=sf_user,password=sf_password,account=sf_account,warehouse=sf_warehouse,database=sf_database,schema=sf_schema,insecure_mode=True)

I expect the result to be working without timeout when using insecure_mode to false
<p>We need to find out why we get a timeout when we try to connect to snowflake via lambda function using the snowflake connector for python. I found a not really secure way to make it works using a specific parameter (insecure_mode) inside the connector as follow:</p>
<pre class="lang-py prettyprint-override"><code>connection = snowflake.connector.connect(user=sf_user,password=sf_password,account=sf_account,warehouse=sf_warehouse,database=sf_database,schema=sf_schema,insecure_mode=True)
</code></pre>
<p>We tried using <code>insecure_mode</code> to <code>False</code> and <code>True</code></p>
<p>This piece of code doesn't work and fails with timeout error due probably to oscp checks.</p>
<pre class="lang-py prettyprint-override"><code>connection = snowflake.connector.connect(user=sf_user,password=sf_password,account=sf_account,warehouse=sf_warehouse,database=sf_database,schema=sf_schema)
</code></pre>
<p>This piece of code works but unsecure I guess :</p>
<pre class="lang-py prettyprint-override"><code>connection = snowflake.connector.connect(user=sf_user,password=sf_password,account=sf_account,warehouse=sf_warehouse,database=sf_database,schema=sf_schema,insecure_mode=True)
</code></pre>
<p>I expect the result to be working without timeout when using <code>insecure_mode</code> to <code>false</code></p>