OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

Show unmatched html tags in Notepad++

• Thread starter Thread starter Zack Macomber
  • Start date Start date
Z

Zack Macomber

Is there a way to highlight unmatched HTML tags in Notepad++?

For instance, if I had the following HTML...

Code:
<HTML>
<!--Server: <%=(java.net.InetAddress.getLocalHost()).getHostName()%>-->
<HEAD>
   <TITLE>Vital Stats</TITLE>
   <META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="no-cache">
   <SCRIPT SRC="vital_stats.js" TYPE="text/javascript"></SCRIPT>
   <LINK REL="STYLESHEET" HREF="../main.css">
</HTML>

I would like the <HEAD> tag to be highlighted in some way to indicate that it doesn't have a corresponding </HEAD> tag.

I would also like to see any closing tags highlighted that don't have a corresponding opening tag.

EDIT

I already know about Notepad++'s feature of clicking a tag to see it's corresponding tag. I'm looking to highlight ANY tags that aren't matched in the ENTIRE document. Even if there's some sort of utility/plugin that I could run that would list for me the line number and name of any unmatched tags would be helpful.
<p>Is there a way to highlight unmatched HTML tags in Notepad++?</p>

<p>For instance, if I had the following HTML...</p>

<pre><code><HTML>
<!--Server: <%=(java.net.InetAddress.getLocalHost()).getHostName()%>-->
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Vital Stats</TITLE>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="no-cache">
<SCRIPT SRC="vital_stats.js" TYPE="text/javascript"></SCRIPT>
<LINK REL="STYLESHEET" HREF="../main.css">
</HTML>
</code></pre>

<p>I would like the <code><HEAD></code> tag to be highlighted in some way to indicate that it doesn't have a corresponding <code></HEAD></code> tag.</p>

<p>I would also like to see any closing tags highlighted that don't have a corresponding opening tag.</p>

<p><b>EDIT</b></p>

<p>I already know about Notepad++'s feature of clicking a tag to see it's corresponding tag. I'm looking to highlight ANY tags that aren't matched in the ENTIRE document. Even if there's some sort of utility/plugin that I could run that would list for me the line number and name of any unmatched tags would be helpful.</p>
Continue reading...

Latest posts