OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

Send emails using Google Workspace SMTP with any FROM address of my domain

• Thread starter Thread starter Odys
  • Start date Start date
O

Odys

I am looking for a way to send emails from Wordpress using the GMail API.

The most common way, used by almost all plugins available, is to authenticate using OAuth2, which has a few limitations.

• The From address should be the same (or alias) from the account that did the OAuth2.
  • In case this account changes their password (eg from a policy), the emails will stop work without a notice
  • It costs to keep an account open just for this case. In google workspace this is at least ~90€/y

An alternative is to use services like sendgrid, mailchimp, etc. We do not want to do this for this simple scenario. Service chaos is already happening to many companies.

The ideal would be to use the GMail api directly from wordpress but there doesn't seem to be any plugins doing that.
<p>I am looking for a way to send emails from Wordpress using the GMail API.</p>
<p>The most common way, used by almost all plugins available, is to authenticate using OAuth2, which has a few limitations.</p>
<ul>
<li>The From address should be the same (or alias) from the account that did the OAuth2.</li>
<li>In case this account changes their password (eg from a policy), the emails will stop work without a notice</li>
<li>It costs to keep an account open just for this case. In google workspace this is at least ~90€/y</li>
</ul>
<p>An alternative is to use services like sendgrid, mailchimp, etc.
We do not want to do this for this simple scenario. Service chaos is already happening to many companies.</p>
<p>The ideal would be to use the GMail api directly from wordpress but there doesn't seem to be any plugins doing that.</p>
Continue reading...

Latest posts

G
Replies
Views
Gamal Othman
G