OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

scipy.integrate.solve_ivp unclear how to solve implicit ODE of form 0=F(t, y(t), y'(t))

• Thread starter Thread starter Moritz
  • Start date Start date
M

Moritz

Currently, I do use assimulos solver suite to solve an implicit differential equation of the form 0 = F(t, y(t), y'(t)). I would like to use a solver which comes with a native scipy installation and had a look at the documentation for scipy.integrate.solve_ivp. The documentation says that the solver solves a a system of the form:

Solve an initial value problem for a system of ODEs. This function numerically integrates a system of ordinary differential equations given an initial value dy / dt = f(t, y) y(t0) = y0

I do miss the ability to solve a system of the form dy / dt = f(t, y, y'). Is this possible with scipy.integrate.solve_ivp ?
<p>Currently, I do use <a href="https://jmodelica.org/assimulo/tutorial_imp.html" rel="nofollow noreferrer">assimulos solver suite</a> to solve an implicit differential equation of the form 0 = F(t, y(t), y'(t)). I would like to use a solver which comes with a native scipy installation and had a look at the documentation for <a href="https://jmodelica.org/assimulo/tutorial_imp.html" rel="nofollow noreferrer">scipy.integrate.solve_ivp</a>. The documentation says that the solver solves a a system of the form:</p>

<blockquote>
<p>Solve an initial value problem for a system of ODEs.
This function numerically integrates a system of ordinary differential equations given an initial value <code>dy / dt = f(t, y)</code> <code>y(t0) = y0</code></p>
</blockquote>

<p>I do miss the ability to solve a system of the form <code>dy / dt = f(t, y, y')</code>. Is this possible with <code>scipy.integrate.solve_ivp</code> ?</p>

Latest posts