OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

Right click open new powershell file open in PSIDE

• Thread starter Thread starter Matt Williamson
  • Start date Start date
M

Matt Williamson

I'm still running windows 10 and I'm currently still running psh 5.6 due to company policy. I have local admin on my machine so I can write to the registry. I'm trying to figure out the quickest way from explorer to do a right click create new powershell script and open it in PSIDE automatically. I've seen it done before I just can't find the steps or a .reg file to add it.

I tried adding this just to get open a new .ps1 file

Code:
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.ps1\ShellNew]
"NullFile"=""

Nothing happened.

Any help appreciated.

Matt
<p>I'm still running windows 10 and I'm currently still running psh 5.6 due to company policy. I have local admin on my machine so I can write to the registry. I'm trying to figure out the quickest way from explorer to do a right click create new powershell script and open it in PSIDE automatically. I've seen it done before I just can't find the steps or a .reg file to add it.</p>
<p>I tried adding this just to get open a new .ps1 file</p>
<pre><code>[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.ps1\ShellNew]
"NullFile"=""
</code></pre>
<p>Nothing happened.</p>
<p>Any help appreciated.</p>
<p>Matt</p>
Continue reading...

Latest posts

U
Replies
Views