OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

Retrieve Conversation from Facebook Graph Error Code 2

• Thread starter Thread starter Eltaf Abbasi
  • Start date Start date
E

Eltaf Abbasi

I manage several Businesses and Pages.

When requesting the API for conversations I get an error for some pages and success for other pages.

The endpoint I'm requesting is: https://graph.facebook.com/v20.0/${page_id}/conversations?access_token=${access_token}&fields=${fields}

Fields:

name,id,updated_time,messages{created_time,from,id,message,attachments.limit(10) {file_url,video_data,size,name,mime_type,image_data,id,generic_template},to},participants

(Changing API version does not change the outcome).

The error that I'm receiving is:

Code:
{
"message": "An unexpected error has occurred. Please retry your request later.",
"type": "OAuthException",
"is_transient": true,
"code": 2,
"fbtrace_id": "Ak6OZA72-efdE-2Ko9NqSgy"
}

Graph Explorer returns the same error/result for the specific pages. Some returns conversations while other return the mentioned error.

Does anyone know what causes these errors?

I haven't made any changes to my code. The request was consistently working for a while, but recently it started giving these errors for some pages.

Earlier Facebook Graph API would always return conversations as expected.
<p>I manage several Businesses and Pages.</p>
<p>When requesting the API for conversations I get an error for some pages and success for other pages.</p>
<p>The endpoint I'm requesting is:
<a href="https://graph.facebook.com/v20.0/${...access_token=${access_token}&fields=${fields}" rel="nofollow noreferrer">https://graph.facebook.com/v20.0/${page_id}/conversations?access_token=${access_token}&fields=${fields}</a></p>
<p>Fields:</p>
<blockquote>
<p>name,id,updated_time,messages{created_time,from,id,message,attachments.limit(10)
{file_url,video_data,size,name,mime_type,image_data,id,generic_template},to},participants</p>
</blockquote>
<p>(Changing API version does not change the outcome).</p>
<p>The error that I'm receiving is:</p>
<pre><code>{
"message": "An unexpected error has occurred. Please retry your request later.",
"type": "OAuthException",
"is_transient": true,
"code": 2,
"fbtrace_id": "Ak6OZA72-efdE-2Ko9NqSgy"
}
</code></pre>
<p>Graph Explorer returns the same error/result for the specific pages. Some returns conversations while other return the mentioned error.</p>
<p>Does anyone know what causes these errors?</p>
<p>I haven't made any changes to my code. The request was consistently working for a while, but recently it started giving these errors for some pages.</p>
<p>Earlier Facebook Graph API would always return conversations as expected.</p>
Continue reading...