OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

Resource to fix errors in a specific C++ software when developers do not reply [closed]

• Thread starter Thread starter Caterina
  • Start date Start date
C

Caterina

I won't post the specific software I'm having trouble with here.

My question is, for open-source software (usually on Github), who can I ask for help with runtime error issues when the developers go AWOL?

Just as an example (to give context), I'm getting this error free(): double free detected in tcache 2 in a code I downloaded from Github. Given that this seems to be an allocation issue I tried contacting the developers but they haven't replied and at this point I really don't expect them to. My knowledge in C++ is quite basic, so I don't think I can fix this error myself. Nor I know how to approach it, apart from looking at every single time a vector gets deallocated, and given the code is large and I'm not familiar with it I don't even know how to tackle this.

Are there any C++ resources/websites out there that could help me find the cause of this error? This software package is quite new, so there isn't a community I could ask to.
<p>I won't post the specific software I'm having trouble with here.</p>
<p>My question is, for open-source software (usually on Github), who can I ask for help with runtime error issues when the developers go AWOL?</p>
<p>Just as an example (to give context), I'm getting this error <code>free(): double free detected in tcache 2</code> in a code I downloaded from Github. Given that this seems to be an allocation issue I tried contacting the developers but they haven't replied and at this point I really don't expect them to. My knowledge in C++ is quite basic, so I don't think I can fix this error myself. Nor I know how to approach it, apart from looking at every single time a vector gets deallocated, and given the code is large and I'm not familiar with it I don't even know how to tackle this.</p>
<p>Are there any C++ resources/websites out there that could help me find the cause of this error? This software package is quite new, so there isn't a community I could ask to.</p>
Continue reading...

Latest posts

D
Replies
Views
Danish Karmally
D