OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

Removing skype for business using powershell

• Thread starter Thread starter geo66
  • Start date Start date
G

geo66

Hello I am wondering if there is a way to remove skype for business from a bulk of computers using a powershell command? I tried a few things, such as Get-ChildItem -Path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\*lync*" -Recurse | Remove-Item This commands removes everything that has with skype business to do in the root folder Office16. But it doesn't do the trick as it is not accepted as an official way of removing it from the client computer, and could potentially cause issues.

The other one is Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.SkypeApp* | Remove-AppxPackage however this only applies for the default skype app you can install thru the microsoft store.

So if any of you know how I could go about doing this, or if there even is an "official" way of doing it, feel free to leave a reply.

Much obliged.
<p>Hello I am wondering if there is a way to remove skype for business from a bulk of computers using a powershell command? I tried a few things, such as <code>Get-ChildItem -Path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\*lync*" -Recurse | Remove-Item</code>
This commands removes everything that has with skype business to do in the root folder Office16. But it doesn't do the trick as it is not accepted as an official way of removing it from the client computer, and could potentially cause issues.</p>
<p>The other one is <code>Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.SkypeApp* | Remove-AppxPackage</code> however this only applies for the default skype app you can install thru the microsoft store.</p>
<p>So if any of you know how I could go about doing this, or if there even is an "official" way of doing it, feel free to leave a reply.</p>
<p>Much obliged.</p>
Continue reading...

Latest posts

I
Replies
Views
Isaac P. Liu
I
U
Replies
Views
user3658366