OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

Python package dependecy upgrade from requirements.txt

• Thread starter Thread starter palamuGuy
  • Start date Start date
P

palamuGuy

I have a Python application with ~70 packages in requirements.txt file.

It was running fine, but suddenly snowfalke-connector-python==2.7.3 and schemachange==3.4.2 started installing numpy==2.0.0 while they were installing numpy==1.26.4 a day before, but from today they are installing numpy==2.0.0. This is resulting in a compatibility issue with Pandas as my app is throwing following errors.

Code:
    from pandas._libs.interval import Interval
  File "pandas/_libs/interval.pyx", line 1, in init pandas._libs.interval
ValueError: numpy.dtype size changed, may indicate binary incompatibility. Expected 96 from C header, got 88 from PyObject

• If I add pandas== 2.2.2 or other latest version then other compatibility issues arise.

• For now I am running my app by restricting numpy to 1.26.4

• I want to understand why this might have happened, and is it normal in python?

• What is the best way to deal with this type of situation.
<p>I have a Python application with ~70 packages in requirements.txt file.</p>
<p>It was running fine, but suddenly <code>snowfalke-connector-python==2.7.3</code> and <code>schemachange==3.4.2</code> started installing numpy==2.0.0 while they were installing numpy==1.26.4 a day before, but from today they are installing numpy==2.0.0. This is resulting in a compatibility issue with Pandas as my app is throwing following errors.</p>
<pre><code> from pandas._libs.interval import Interval
File "pandas/_libs/interval.pyx", line 1, in init pandas._libs.interval
ValueError: numpy.dtype size changed, may indicate binary incompatibility. Expected 96 from C header, got 88 from PyObject
</code></pre>
<ul>
<li><p>If I add pandas== 2.2.2 or other latest version then other compatibility issues arise.</p>
</li>
<li><p>For now I am running my app by restricting numpy to 1.26.4</p>
</li>
<li><p>I want to understand why this might have happened, and is it normal in python?</p>
</li>
<li><p>What is the best way to deal with this type of situation.</p>
</li>
</ul>