OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

Python & MS Word: Convert .doc to .docx?

• Thread starter Thread starter zerohedge
  • Start date Start date
Z

zerohedge

I found several questions that were similar to mine, but none of the answers came close to what I need.

Specifications: I'm working with Python 3 and do not have MS Word. My programming machine is running OS X and cloud machine is linux/ubuntu too.

I'm using python-docx to extract values from a .doc file that is sent to me nightly. However, python-docx only works with .docx files, so I need to convert the file to that extension first.

So, I've got a .doc file that I need to convert to .docx. This script might have to run in the cloud so I can't install any kind of Office or Office-like software. Can this be done?
<p>I found several questions that were similar to mine, but none of the answers came close to what I need.</p>

<p>Specifications: I'm working with Python 3 and do not have MS Word. My programming machine is running OS X and cloud machine is linux/ubuntu too. </p>

<p>I'm using <code>python-docx</code> to extract values from a <code>.doc</code> file that is sent to me nightly. However, <code>python-docx</code> only works with <code>.docx</code> files, so I need to convert the file to that extension first. </p>

<p>So, I've got a <code>.doc</code> file that I need to convert to <code>.docx</code>. This script might have to run in the cloud so I can't install any kind of Office or Office-like software. Can this be done?</p>

Latest posts

I
Replies
Views
impact christian
I