OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

Python get current keyboard input device

• Thread starter Thread starter Dynastray
  • Start date Start date
D

Dynastray

I want to create a python script to read the keyboard input of one of my old keyboards and converts the input into a macro output. All i managed to do is reading the Input of either all devices connected or none.

Is there a way to determine which keyboard is currently typing?

I tried using win32api but since I am not that familiar with the win api I haven't gotten any further. Also I found several solutions for Linux but since I am on Windows... As I was trying to get it done with the hid library I couldn't read the input from my keyboards.

Hopefully somebody can help.
<p>I want to create a python script to read the keyboard input of one of my old keyboards and converts the input into a macro output.
All i managed to do is reading the Input of either all devices connected or none.</p>
<p>Is there a way to determine which keyboard is currently typing?</p>
<p>I tried using win32api but since I am not that familiar with the win api I haven't gotten any further.
Also I found several solutions for Linux but since I am on Windows...
As I was trying to get it done with the hid library I couldn't read the input from my keyboards.</p>
<p>Hopefully somebody can help.</p>