OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

Pip error "Temporary failure in name resolution" when using Mullvad VPN?

• Thread starter Thread starter chausies
  • Start date Start date
C

chausies

I use pip in WSL2 on Windows 11. Let's say I'm trying to upgrade pip.

Code:
sudo python3 -m pip install --upgrade pip

When I run it without Mullvad VPN on, it runs without a hitch (though it warns me not to use root user). But when I turn Mullvad VPN on, all of a sudden runs super slow and keeps throwing out the warning

Code:
WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=4, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'NewConnectionError('<pip._vendor.urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x7f7b9257ea00>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Temporary failure in name resolution')': /simple/pip/

with the "total=x" part decreasing each time it throws the warning after every 10-second interval. Note that I'm not using docker or SSH (like a bunch of other people who had this problem). It's all running locally on WSL2. I never had this problem with NordVPN either (as far as I remember). Any idea what's going on, and how I should fix it? And is Mullvad doing its job badly for this error to come up?

edit: I think the reason for the error is, more precisely, with urllib3. Another python package I tried threw the same error because of urllib3 when I had mullvad VPN active.
<p>I use pip in WSL2 on Windows 11. Let's say I'm trying to upgrade pip.</p>
<pre class="lang-bash prettyprint-override"><code>sudo python3 -m pip install --upgrade pip
</code></pre>
<p>When I run it without Mullvad VPN on, it runs without a hitch (though it warns me not to use root user). But when I turn Mullvad VPN on, all of a sudden runs super slow and keeps throwing out the warning</p>
<pre><code>WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=4, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'NewConnectionError('<pip._vendor.urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x7f7b9257ea00>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Temporary failure in name resolution')': /simple/pip/
</code></pre>
<p>with the "total=x" part decreasing each time it throws the warning after every 10-second interval. Note that I'm not using docker or SSH (like a bunch of other people who had this problem). It's all running locally on WSL2. I never had this problem with NordVPN either (as far as I remember). Any idea what's going on, and how I should fix it? And is Mullvad doing its job badly for this error to come up?</p>
<p>edit: I think the reason for the error is, more precisely, with urllib3. Another python package I tried threw the same error because of urllib3 when I had mullvad VPN active.</p>

Latest posts

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Ads by Eonads