OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

Organising excel file as pandas dataframe

• Thread starter Thread starter Kimbo
  • Start date Start date
K

Kimbo

Format of excel file exported from a web app is no in useful. Need to perform a variety of operations on it to make it suitable as a dataframe. From bubble.io, excel file would be uploaded by user, manipulated in an amazon s3 bucket using lambda function that removes couple of blank rows at the top (but that I need some cell values from), add columns and moves some columns to become further rows further down the table, before it is pulled back down as a csv file by bubble to add as a new data type (confusing terminology for a table bubble.io uses)

Ultimately, I need to use pandas to convert this excel file...

before

...to this (but as a dataframe I can export as an excel file or csv)

after
<p>Format of excel file exported from a web app is no in useful. Need to perform a variety of operations on it to make it suitable as a dataframe. From bubble.io, excel file would be uploaded by user, manipulated in an amazon s3 bucket using lambda function that removes couple of blank rows at the top (but that I need some cell values from), add columns and moves some columns to become further rows further down the table, before it is pulled back down as a csv file by bubble to add as a new data type (confusing terminology for a table bubble.io uses)</p>
<p>Ultimately, I need to use pandas to convert this excel file...</p>
<p><a href="https://i.sstatic.net/WuEOaawX.png" rel="nofollow noreferrer">before</a></p>
<p>...to this (but as a dataframe I can export as an excel file or csv)</p>
<p><a href="https://i.sstatic.net/1KSgXry3.png" rel="nofollow noreferrer">after</a></p>

Latest posts

S
Replies
Views
Sergey Bakaev Rettley
S