OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

#NAME? error with Excel UDF despite name appearing after "=" in sheet

  • Thread starter Thread starter Linkinwater
  • Start date Start date
L

Linkinwater

Guest
I have an .xlam file with several useful UDFs I've programmed in VBA. I load the .xlam as an add-in so I can use said functions in any of my projects as necessary. This has worked flawlessly since I set it up years ago, until just recently. Now when I use any of those functions, I just get "#NAME!" errors, despite the fact that Excel will auto-complete the UDF names for me when I type "=" and one of the function names into a blank cell.

I've double-checked that Excel was up to date (currently running Office 365). Tried it on Office 2021; no difference. Tried removing and re-adding the .xlam. Rebooted Windows. Tried a brand-new spreadsheet, saving as .xlsx, .xlsm, and .xlsb. Double-checked that macro security settings are correct.
<p>I have an .xlam file with several useful UDFs I've programmed in VBA. I load the .xlam as an add-in so I can use said functions in any of my projects as necessary. This has worked flawlessly since I set it up years ago, until just recently.
Now when I use any of those functions, I just get "#NAME!" errors, despite the fact that Excel will auto-complete the UDF names for me when I type "=" and one of the function names into a blank cell.</p>
<p>I've double-checked that Excel was up to date (currently running Office 365).
Tried it on Office 2021; no difference.
Tried removing and re-adding the .xlam.
Rebooted Windows.
Tried a brand-new spreadsheet, saving as .xlsx, .xlsm, and .xlsb.
Double-checked that macro security settings are correct.</p>
I have found how to fix this.
 
Top