OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

Multinomial Fixed effect regression

• Thread starter Thread starter Lamya
  • Start date Start date
L

Lamya

I am new to R, I am trying to run a multinomial fixed effect regression. I am using the feglm function from'fixest' package. This is the model,

reg<-feglm(diar~c1+c2+rural+c1rural+c2rural+religion+wealthindex+extendedfamily+genderchild+agechild+birthorder+factor(ageofmotherFE)+factor(surveyyearFE)+factor(divisionFE),data=d7,family="binomial",cluster=c('rural'))

Code:
The dataset is the DHS questionnaire which is a repeated cross sectional. I am exploring the impact of mothers education on child health. 
Dependent variable: is categorical, did your child have diarrhea in the last 2 weeks?
Independent variables: c1= dummy variable, mother belonging to cohort 1
                       c2= dummy, mother belonging to cohort 2
                       rural= dummy, mother residing in urban or rural area
                       c1rural, c2rural= interactive term, dummy
                       genderchild, agechild, birthorder= numeric

Control variables: religion=dummy
                   wealth index= categorical
                   extended family= dummy
Fixed effects: age of mother, survey year and division(geographic)

My questions are: 
1) I know family will not be binomial but What will be the family for multinomial ? 
2) Is my model correct? I have looked into bife and clogit but they do not fit my requirements. Are there any other better options.
Thank you
<p>I am new to R, I am trying to run a multinomial fixed effect regression. I am using the feglm function from'fixest' package. This is the model,</p>
<p><code>reg<-feglm(diar~c1+c2+rural+c1rural+c2rural+religion+wealthindex+extendedfamily+genderchild+agechild+birthorder+factor(ageofmotherFE)+factor(surveyyearFE)+factor(divisionFE),data=d7,family="binomial",cluster=c('rural'))</code></p>
<pre><code>
The dataset is the DHS questionnaire which is a repeated cross sectional. I am exploring the impact of mothers education on child health.
Dependent variable: is categorical, did your child have diarrhea in the last 2 weeks?
Independent variables: c1= dummy variable, mother belonging to cohort 1
c2= dummy, mother belonging to cohort 2
rural= dummy, mother residing in urban or rural area
c1rural, c2rural= interactive term, dummy
genderchild, agechild, birthorder= numeric

Control variables: religion=dummy
wealth index= categorical
extended family= dummy
Fixed effects: age of mother, survey year and division(geographic)

My questions are:
1) I know family will not be binomial but What will be the family for multinomial ?
2) Is my model correct? I have looked into bife and clogit but they do not fit my requirements. Are there any other better options.
Thank you
</code></pre>
Continue reading...

Latest posts