OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

Multilabel Classification with imbalanced y classes

• Thread starter Thread starter slash
  • Start date Start date
S

slash

I'm trying to implement a multi label classification model. The dataset is very small, I only have 900 rows and the dataset is not about images. It's like a tag classification. I have 12 columns representing my y that can take values 0 and 1 at the same time. The problem is that I have a frequency of value 1 less than 4% for some columns.

So, I was looking for a methodology to do oversampling and I came across a paper describing the MLSMOTE technique but it doesn't work very well with my data. Have any of you already faced a similar problem? I'm using some scikit multilearn libraries but there isn't any that work for oversampling. Additionally, the imblearn library does not address multi-label classification problems. Thanks to whoever will answer me.
<p>I'm trying to implement a multi label classification model. The dataset is very small, I only have 900 rows and the dataset is not about images. It's like a tag classification. I have 12 columns representing my y that can take values 0 and 1 at the same time. The problem is that I have a frequency of value 1 less than 4% for some columns.</p>
<p>So, I was looking for a methodology to do oversampling and I came across a paper describing the MLSMOTE technique but it doesn't work very well with my data. Have any of you already faced a similar problem? I'm using some scikit multilearn libraries but there isn't any that work for oversampling. Additionally, the imblearn library does not address multi-label classification problems.
Thanks to whoever will answer me.</p>