OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

MongoDB data analytics

• Thread starter Thread starter Andy
  • Start date Start date
A

Andy

This is a general question. I have two collections sitting in two different MongoDB databases. I need to run analytics which is I need compare the two datasets against either for similarities and differences. The documents are heavily nested documents on both sides. There are 5 and 3 mln record in them respectively. I am trying to understand what's the best way to accomplish this data analysis task? Shall I go with dataframes in python? Or move everything into SQL Server tables and run the analysis there? Or use the native aggregation pipelines of MongoDB from VS Code/python?

What is the general practice? I am coming from a SQL world, and trying to get my head around MongoDB. I was expecting to find view, stored procedures, temporary tables and what not that I typically use to run such analysis. But how do people accomplish the same in MongoDB when it doesn't have all these handy features? Your advise is much needed!
<p>This is a general question. I have two collections sitting in two different MongoDB databases. I need to run analytics which is I need compare the two datasets against either for similarities and differences. The documents are heavily nested documents on both sides. There are 5 and 3 mln record in them respectively. I am trying to understand what's the best way to accomplish this data analysis task? Shall I go with dataframes in python? Or move everything into SQL Server tables and run the analysis there? Or use the native aggregation pipelines of MongoDB from VS Code/python?</p>
<p>What is the general practice? I am coming from a SQL world, and trying to get my head around MongoDB. I was expecting to find view, stored procedures, temporary tables and what not that I typically use to run such analysis. But how do people accomplish the same in MongoDB when it doesn't have all these handy features? Your advise is much needed!</p>

Latest posts