OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

Make "scrollLeft" / "scrollTop" changes not trigger scroll event listener

• Thread starter Thread starter Matchu
  • Start date Start date
M

Matchu

Currently my program is in a spot where it both listens for the user to scroll a certain element, but also, at times, automatically scrolls this element by itself. (Not a gradual, pretty scroll, but an instant jump. It makes sense in context, I swear.)

Is there a way to make the scroll event not trigger if the scrolling was done by setting scrollLeft or scrollTop? My first thought was a basic switch, like:

Code:
ignoreScrollEvents = true;
element.scrollLeft = x;
ignoreScrollEvents = false;

function onScroll() {
  if(ignoreScrollEvents) return false;
}

but since events don't trigger immediately (oops, duhh), that's not a workable solution. What other sort of answers could I try? I'm also using jQuery, if that helps anything.
<p>Currently my program is in a spot where it both listens for the user to scroll a certain element, but also, at times, automatically scrolls this element by itself. (Not a gradual, pretty scroll, but an instant jump. It makes sense in context, I swear.)</p>

<p>Is there a way to make the scroll event not trigger if the scrolling was done by setting scrollLeft or scrollTop? My first thought was a basic switch, like:</p>

<pre><code>ignoreScrollEvents = true;
element.scrollLeft = x;
ignoreScrollEvents = false;

function onScroll() {
if(ignoreScrollEvents) return false;
}
</code></pre>

<p>but since events don't trigger immediately (oops, duhh), that's not a workable solution. What other sort of answers could I try? I'm also using jQuery, if that helps anything.</p>
Continue reading...

Latest posts

D
Replies
Views
Damiano Miazzi
D