OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

Mailchimp + Mandrill? How to build campaigns in Mailchimp

• Thread starter Thread starter yuzuyuzuyuzu
  • Start date Start date
Y

yuzuyuzuyuzu

I feel the need to preface this with, I'm new to Mandrill, transactional emails, and using code to determine your audience for emails. I have only worked with marketing folks creating campaigns in Mailchimp in the past.

When I joined my current company, they were only really doing transactional emails so everything was in Mandrill. I prefer the plug and play functionality of Mailchimp as I only have knowledge of how to edit html and not how to write new campaigns from scratch - also I sit on the Marketing side so Mailchimp makes more sense. So I was happy to see there was the Send template to Mandrill function built into Mailchimp. Now all of our new marketing campaign emails are being built in Mailchimp > sent to Mandrill > and then the campaign is being coded to be sent out to the appropriate audience based on app use (eg. if they've used certain features or not, their credit consumption, how many active users they have, if their acct is eligible for a promo or not)

This is new for me as I'm used to audiences living in Mailchimp - because our 1:many emails were determined by lists (newsletter, existing clients, etc) not transactional details. And when I looked at how the campaigns are being coded, it looks very thorough, there are a lot of checks and balances to ensure the right people are getting this email (Eg. A campaign will be built to offer a promo to users with high credit usage within our app, with over 5 active users, on a certain plan type, that haven't used a promo before).

I can't seem to find documentation to show me how I can build the same audience flow in Mailchimp (if it's even possible). Though it seems like it should be, because TONS of web based apps do it, somehow and Mailchimp is huge.

Unrelated (though possibly related): I saw the Mailchimp templates add an unsubscribe link - which is great for marketing campaigns. But since our audiences aren't being determined in Mailchimp, I'm not sure how helpful that link actually is right now. I'm sure it's tracking somewhere in Mailchimp, but to my knowledge we aren't applying that knowledge to our future campaigns and I want to get ahead of this before it's a problem. Right now I can count on 1 finger how many people have replied to unsubscribe, so not an immediate priority. Still - if these things are related, maybe I can solve them both in one go.

TLDR; I've only used Mailchimp before, and I'm trying to see how people who use Mandrill for transactional emails simultaneously use Mailchimp for marketing campaigns.

I've been trying to find videos and documentation on this and have come across nothing. Most of the Mandrill content is made for developers and Mailchimp content for Marketers. Trying to find something to help me understand the bridge between the two for both.
<p>I feel the need to preface this with, I'm new to Mandrill, transactional emails, and using code to determine your audience for emails. I have only worked with marketing folks creating campaigns in Mailchimp in the past.</p>
<p>When I joined my current company, they were only really doing transactional emails so everything was in Mandrill. I prefer the plug and play functionality of Mailchimp as I only have knowledge of how to edit html and not how to write new campaigns from scratch - also I sit on the Marketing side so Mailchimp makes more sense. So I was happy to see there was the Send template to Mandrill function built into Mailchimp. Now all of our new marketing campaign emails are being built in Mailchimp > sent to Mandrill > and then the campaign is being coded to be sent out to the appropriate audience based on app use (eg. if they've used certain features or not, their credit consumption, how many active users they have, if their acct is eligible for a promo or not)</p>
<p>This is new for me as I'm used to audiences living in Mailchimp - because our 1:many emails were determined by lists (newsletter, existing clients, etc) not transactional details. And when I looked at how the campaigns are being coded, it looks very thorough, there are a lot of checks and balances to ensure the right people are getting this email (Eg. A campaign will be built to offer a promo to users with high credit usage within our app, with over 5 active users, on a certain plan type, that haven't used a promo before).</p>
<p>I can't seem to find documentation to show me how I can build the same audience flow in Mailchimp (if it's even possible). Though it seems like it should be, because TONS of web based apps do it, somehow and Mailchimp is huge.</p>
<p>Unrelated (though possibly related): I saw the Mailchimp templates add an unsubscribe link - which is great for marketing campaigns. But since our audiences aren't being determined in Mailchimp, I'm not sure how helpful that link actually is right now. I'm sure it's tracking somewhere in Mailchimp, but to my knowledge we aren't applying that knowledge to our future campaigns and I want to get ahead of this before it's a problem. Right now I can count on 1 finger how many people have replied to unsubscribe, so not an immediate priority. Still - if these things are related, maybe I can solve them both in one go.</p>
<p><strong>TLDR;</strong> I've only used Mailchimp before, and I'm trying to see how people who use Mandrill for transactional emails simultaneously use Mailchimp for marketing campaigns.</p>
<p>I've been trying to find videos and documentation on this and have come across nothing. Most of the Mandrill content is made for developers and Mailchimp content for Marketers. Trying to find something to help me understand the bridge between the two for both.</p>
Continue reading...

Latest posts

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors