OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

Like and save in paginated list

• Thread starter Thread starter MAYANK THAKUR
  • Start date Start date
M

MAYANK THAKUR

Question:​

Title: How to Optimize "Like" Feature in a React.js Social Media App?

Body:

I am building a social media application using React.js. On the homepage, I display a list of posts. I want to implement the following features for the posts:

1. Let's say X is a post and user Y likes the post. The post X contains a key called liked, which is initially liked: false. When the user likes the post, this key should become liked: true.
  2. When a user returns to the application after some time, the post should retain its liked: true status for the current user.
  3. I want the behavior to be similar to Facebook, where the like status persists efficiently.

I attempted to achieve this by comparing the user's "like" collection with the post collection, but this process is very expensive. I am looking for an optimized and fast way to implement this feature.

Additional Information:

• I am using Appwrite for my backend.
  • I want to avoid performance issues and ensure that the solution scales well with a large number of users and posts.

What is the best approach to efficiently manage and persist the like status of posts for each user in a React.js application?

Tags: reactjs, optimization, social-media, appwrite, likes

<h3>Question:</h3>
<p><strong>Title:</strong> How to Optimize "Like" Feature in a React.js Social Media App?</p>
<p><strong>Body:</strong></p>
<p>I am building a social media application using React.js. On the homepage, I display a list of posts. I want to implement the following features for the posts:</p>
<ol>
<li>Let's say <code>X</code> is a post and user <code>Y</code> likes the post. The post <code>X</code> contains a key called <code>liked</code>, which is initially <code>liked: false</code>. When the user likes the post, this key should become <code>liked: true</code>.</li>
<li>When a user returns to the application after some time, the post should retain its <code>liked: true</code> status for the current user.</li>
<li>I want the behavior to be similar to Facebook, where the like status persists efficiently.</li>
</ol>
<p>I attempted to achieve this by comparing the user's "like" collection with the post collection, but this process is very expensive. I am looking for an optimized and fast way to implement this feature.</p>
<p><strong>Additional Information:</strong></p>
<ul>
<li>I am using Appwrite for my backend.</li>
<li>I want to avoid performance issues and ensure that the solution scales well with a large number of users and posts.</li>
</ul>
<p>What is the best approach to efficiently manage and persist the like status of posts for each user in a React.js application?</p>
<p><strong>Tags:</strong> reactjs, optimization, social-media, appwrite, likes</p>