OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

LevelDB error: plyvel._plyvel.Error: NotFound: c:/tmp/testdb/LOCK: The system cannot find the path specified

• Thread starter Thread starter Milos Stojanovic
  • Start date Start date
M

Milos Stojanovic

I followed this answer on how to install LevelDB on Windows. Everything went smoothly. The only thing I didn't know how to do (and if I had to it anyway) is step 1.2. Also I didn't do this part: set PYTHONLIB=<full path to plyvel>.

Now when I try to run this simple script:

Code:
import plyvel
db = plyvel.DB('c:/tmp/testdb/', create_if_missing=True)

...I get this error:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\Programi\proba\proba.py", line 3, in <module>
  File "plyvel\_plyvel.pyx", line 247, in plyvel._plyvel.DB.__init__
  File "plyvel\_plyvel.pyx", line 94, in plyvel._plyvel.raise_for_status
plyvel._plyvel.Error: b'NotFound: c:/tmp/testdb//LOCK: The system cannot find the path specified.\r\n'

I tried removing trailing /, changing path, creating folders before calling script, removing argument create_if_missing but to no avail. I'm using python 3.9.
<p>I followed <a href="https://stackoverflow.com/a/68862748/11769133">this</a> answer on how to install LevelDB on Windows. Everything went smoothly. The only thing I didn't know how to do (and if I had to it anyway) is step 1.2. Also I didn't do this part: <code>set PYTHONLIB=<full path to plyvel></code>.</p>
<p>Now when I try to run this simple script:</p>
<pre><code>import plyvel
</code></pre>
<p>...I get this error:</p>
<pre><code>Traceback (most recent call last):
File "D:\Programi\proba\proba.py", line 3, in <module>
File "plyvel\_plyvel.pyx", line 247, in plyvel._plyvel.DB.__init__
File "plyvel\_plyvel.pyx", line 94, in plyvel._plyvel.raise_for_status
plyvel._plyvel.Error: b'NotFound: c:/tmp/testdb//LOCK: The system cannot find the path specified.\r\n'
</code></pre>
<p>I tried removing trailing <code>/</code>, changing path, creating folders before calling script, removing argument <code>create_if_missing</code> but to no avail.
I'm using python 3.9.</p>