OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

Issue with Symbolic link on Robocopy with powershell

• Thread starter Thread starter GGame
  • Start date Start date
G

GGame

I am trying to use robocopy to copy a directory from a shared file system to the C drive of a windows host. This is done in an LSF job through bsub. The robocopy is called in a power shell script which is invoked in the bsub command. The directory is in NFS on a linux system. The directory might include some symbolic links. In case of symbolic links, sometimes I run into issues: ERROR 3 (0x00000003) Copying Directory A \ The system cannot find the path specified. Most of the time, A is a file (.json, .pl, etc) and not a directory. In my robocopy command, I have added /SL and /XJ flags which didn't help. When I run ll on the file A, I can see the link is valid and windows host is expected to recognize the physical location. The problem seems to go away if I repeat the bsub command several times which proves it's not necessarily a path issue but something else is going on. Appreciate any help.
<p>I am trying to use robocopy to copy a directory from a shared file system to the C drive of a windows host. This is done in an LSF job through bsub. The robocopy is called in a power shell script which is invoked in the bsub command. The directory is in NFS on a linux system. The directory might include some symbolic links. In case of symbolic links, sometimes I run into issues:
<code>ERROR 3 (0x00000003) Copying Directory A \ The system cannot find the path specified.</code>
Most of the time, A is a file (.json, .pl, etc) and not a directory.
In my robocopy command, I have added /SL and /XJ flags which didn't help.
When I run ll on the file A, I can see the link is valid and windows host is expected to recognize the physical location.
The problem seems to go away if I repeat the bsub command several times which proves it's not necessarily a path issue but something else is going on.
Appreciate any help.</p>
Continue reading...

Latest posts

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors