OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

Is there an idiomatic file extension for Jinja templates?

• Thread starter Thread starter Chris Tonkinson
  • Start date Start date
C

Chris Tonkinson

I need to programatically distinguish between Jinja template files, other template files (such as ERB), and template-less plain text files.

According to Jinja documentation:

A Jinja template doesn’t need to have a specific extension: .html, .xml, or any other extension is just fine.

But what should I use when an explicit extension is required? .py is misleading, and any search including the words "jinja" and "extension" are badly searchwashed by discussion around Jinja Extensions.

I could easily dictate a project-wide convention (.jnj or .ja come to mind) but this is for open source so I don't want to buck the trend if there's already established practice somewhere.

EDIT 1: Again, I understand that the Jinja project — purposefully — does not define a default file extension. I'm asking if there are any unofficial conventions that have emerged for circumstances where one is desired for some project-specific reason.

EDIT 2: Clarification: This is not for HTML content.
Continue reading...

Latest posts

I
Replies
Views
impact christian
I