OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

iPhone Cookie Authentication Issue [closed]

• Thread starter Thread starter pvDeveloper
  • Start date Start date
P

pvDeveloper

I have a .NET MVC web app configured to use cookie authentication. The user is prompted to sign in if they haven't authenticated. My authentication cookie has a 5 minute ExpirationTimeSpan and configured with SlidingExpiration. Everything works fine when I'm using a desktop browser. Mobile browser is where I'm seeing bunch of different results.

**On iPhone 14 with Safari as the default web browser. **

Using the Yahoo email app:

• I click on link in the email.
  • It launches the in-app browser. I'm prompted to authenticate so I sign in.
  • I click Done in the in-app browser and it returns me back to the email.
  • I click on the email link again. It launches the in-app browser.
  • I'm not asked to sign in again. It's working as it should.
  • I click Done in the in-app browser and it returns me back to the email.
  • I click on the email link again. It launches the in-app browser.
  • I'm not asked to sign in again. It's working as it should.

Using the Gmail app:

• It asks me which browser to open with so I choose Chrome.
  • It launches the Chrome browser and opens the link in a new tab.
  • I'm prompted to authenticate so I sign in. I leave the browser tab open and switch back to the Gmail app.
  • I click on the email link again.
  • It asks me which browser to open with so I choose Chrome.
  • It switches to the Chrome browser and opens the link in a new tab. I'm prompted to authenticate (but I don't).
  • I switch back to the first browser tab. Refreshed the page and it shows that I'm still authenticated.
  • Why didn't it remember my session the second time I clicked on the email link?
  • I switch back to the email. Instead of clicking the link, I long press and copy the link.
  • Open a new tab and paste the link. The page loads and shows I'm still authenticated.

Using the Safari browser and viewing my Yahoo mail:

• It opens the link in a new browser tab. I'm prompted to authenticate so I sign in.
  • I switch back to the Yahoo mail tab.
  • I click on link for the web site in the email again.
  • It opens the link in a new browser tab. I'm prompted to authenticate (but I don't).
  • I switch back to the first browser tab where I already authenticated. Refreshed the page and it shows that I'm still authenticated.
  • Why didn't it remember my session the second time I clicked on the email link?
  • I switch back to the email. Instead of clicking the link, I long press and copy the link.
  • Open a new tab and paste the link. The page loads and shows I'm still authenticated.
<p>I have a .NET MVC web app configured to use cookie authentication. The user is prompted to sign in if they haven't authenticated. My authentication cookie has a 5 minute ExpirationTimeSpan and configured with SlidingExpiration. Everything works fine when I'm using a desktop browser. Mobile browser is where I'm seeing bunch of different results.</p>
<p>**On iPhone 14 with Safari as the default web browser. **</p>
<p>Using the Yahoo email app:</p>
<ul>
<li>I click on link in the email.</li>
<li>It launches the in-app browser. I'm prompted to authenticate so I sign in.</li>
<li>I click Done in the in-app browser and it returns me back to the email.</li>
<li>I click on the email link again. It launches the in-app browser.</li>
<li>I'm not asked to sign in again. It's working as it should.</li>
<li>I click Done in the in-app browser and it returns me back to the email.</li>
<li>I click on the email link again. It launches the in-app browser.</li>
<li>I'm not asked to sign in again. It's working as it should.</li>
</ul>
<p>Using the Gmail app:</p>
<ul>
<li>It asks me which browser to open with so I choose Chrome.</li>
<li>It launches the Chrome browser and opens the link in a new tab.</li>
<li>I'm prompted to authenticate so I sign in. I leave the browser tab open and switch back to the Gmail app.</li>
<li>I click on the email link again.</li>
<li>It asks me which browser to open with so I choose Chrome.</li>
<li>It switches to the Chrome browser and opens the link in a new tab. I'm prompted to authenticate (but I don't).</li>
<li>I switch back to the first browser tab. Refreshed the page and it shows that I'm still authenticated.</li>
<li>Why didn't it remember my session the second time I clicked on the email link?</li>
<li>I switch back to the email. Instead of clicking the link, I long press and copy the link.</li>
<li>Open a new tab and paste the link. The page loads and shows I'm still authenticated.</li>
</ul>
<p>Using the Safari browser and viewing my Yahoo mail:</p>
<ul>
<li>It opens the link in a new browser tab. I'm prompted to authenticate so I sign in.</li>
<li>I switch back to the Yahoo mail tab.</li>
<li>I click on link for the web site in the email again.</li>
<li>It opens the link in a new browser tab. I'm prompted to authenticate (but I don't).</li>
<li>I switch back to the first browser tab where I already authenticated. Refreshed the page and it shows that I'm still authenticated.</li>
<li>Why didn't it remember my session the second time I clicked on the email link?</li>
<li>I switch back to the email. Instead of clicking the link, I long press and copy the link.</li>
<li>Open a new tab and paste the link. The page loads and shows I'm still authenticated.</li>
</ul>
Continue reading...

Latest posts

M
Replies
Views
Meliodas Dragon
M