OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

Integrate Next.js to an existing Flask project

• Thread starter Thread starter Yvialga
  • Start date Start date
Y

Yvialga

Actually, we have an app in Flask (for back) and with a template engine (for front) and I'm looking for how to integrate Next.js into it (Next will replace the template engine and Flask continue to ensure the back-end).

The few articles I've read on the subject always explain the same way of doing it.
Vercel for instance, say to first create a next.js app, then install Flask and then create a Flask app in the /app/ directory.

So if I understand, it is not possible to keep the current Flask app and integrate Next.js.

Is that right ? and how do you explain it technically ?

Thanks
<p>Actually, we have an app in Flask (for back) and with a template engine (for front) and I'm looking for how to integrate Next.js into it (<em>Next will replace the template engine and Flask continue to ensure the back-end</em>).</p>
<p>The few articles I've read on the subject always explain the same way of doing it.
<br><a href="https://vercel.com/guides/how-to-use-python-and-javascript-in-the-same-application" rel="nofollow noreferrer">Vercel</a> for instance, say to first create a next.js app, then install Flask and then create a Flask app in the <code>/app/</code> directory.</p>
<p>So if I understand, it is not possible to keep the current Flask app and integrate Next.js.</p>
<p>Is that right ? and how do you explain it technically ?</p>
<p>Thanks</p>

Latest posts