OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

I developed image detection software with YOLOv5, but couldn't measure distances accurately using 'Logitech C920 HD Pro Webcam'

• Thread starter Thread starter Serkan Çelen
  • Start date Start date
S

Serkan Çelen

Distance Measurement Issues with OpenCV and 'Logitech C920 HD Pro Webcam​

Using OpenCV, I tried to measure the distance of objects from the camera but never succeeded; it always gave inaccurate and unrelated results. Is there a way to achieve this correctly? I've read and applied numerous online resources, but the results remain incorrect.

Code:
import torch
import cv2
import numpy as np
from PIL import Image, ImageDraw, ImageFont

model = torch.hub.load('ultralytics/yolov5', 'custom', path='çalışan/best.pt', force_reload=True)
cap = cv2.VideoCapture(0)

if not cap.isOpened():
    print("Kamera açılamadı!")
    exit()

while True:
    ret, frame = cap.read()
    if not ret:
        print("Kare okunamadı!")
        break

img = Image.fromarray(cv2.cvtColor(frame, cv2.COLOR_BGR2RGB))
    results = model(img)
    detections = results.xyxy[0].numpy()
    draw = ImageDraw.Draw(img)    
    for detection in detections:
        x1, y1, x2, y2, conf, cls = detection
        x1, y1, x2, y2 = int(x1), int(y1), int(x2), int(y2)
        draw.rectangle([(x1, y1), (x2, y2)], outline="red", width=2)
        center_x = (x1 + x2) // 2
        center_y = (y1 + y2) // 2
        crosshair_size = 10
        draw.line([(center_x - crosshair_size, center_y), (center_x + crosshair_size, center_y)], fill="red", width=2)
        draw.line([(center_x, center_y - crosshair_size), (center_x, center_y + crosshair_size)], fill="red", width=2)
    img_width, img_height = img.size
    screen_center_x = img_width // 2
    screen_center_y = img_height // 2
    crosshair_size = 20
    draw.line([(screen_center_x - crosshair_size, screen_center_y), (screen_center_x + crosshair_size, screen_center_y)], fill="blue", width=2)
    draw.line([(screen_center_x, screen_center_y - crosshair_size), (screen_center_x, screen_center_y + crosshair_size)], fill="blue", width=2)
    frame = cv2.cvtColor(np.array(img), cv2.COLOR_RGB2BGR)
    cv2.imshow('YOLOv5 Detection', frame)
    if cv2.waitKey(1) & 0xFF == ord('q'):
        break
cap.release()
cv2.destroyAllWindows()

I've tried every formula and written every code I found online, even asked ChatGPT, but still couldn't find a solution. All I wanted was to measure the distance of detected objects to the camera.
<h1>Distance Measurement Issues with OpenCV and 'Logitech C920 HD Pro Webcam</h1>
<p>Using OpenCV, I tried to measure the distance of objects from the camera but never succeeded; it always gave inaccurate and unrelated results. Is there a way to achieve this correctly? I've read and applied numerous online resources, but the results remain incorrect.</p>
<pre><code>import torch
import cv2
import numpy as np
from PIL import Image, ImageDraw, ImageFont

model = torch.hub.load('ultralytics/yolov5', 'custom', path='çalışan/best.pt', force_reload=True)
cap = cv2.VideoCapture(0)

if not cap.isOpened():
print("Kamera açılamadı!")
exit()

while True:
ret, frame = cap.read()
if not ret:
print("Kare okunamadı!")
break

img = Image.fromarray(cv2.cvtColor(frame, cv2.COLOR_BGR2RGB))
results = model(img)
detections = results.xyxy[0].numpy()
draw = ImageDraw.Draw(img)
for detection in detections:
x1, y1, x2, y2, conf, cls = detection
x1, y1, x2, y2 = int(x1), int(y1), int(x2), int(y2)
draw.rectangle([(x1, y1), (x2, y2)], outline="red", width=2)
center_x = (x1 + x2) // 2
center_y = (y1 + y2) // 2
crosshair_size = 10
draw.line([(center_x - crosshair_size, center_y), (center_x + crosshair_size, center_y)], fill="red", width=2)
draw.line([(center_x, center_y - crosshair_size), (center_x, center_y + crosshair_size)], fill="red", width=2)
img_width, img_height = img.size
screen_center_x = img_width // 2
screen_center_y = img_height // 2
crosshair_size = 20
draw.line([(screen_center_x - crosshair_size, screen_center_y), (screen_center_x + crosshair_size, screen_center_y)], fill="blue", width=2)
draw.line([(screen_center_x, screen_center_y - crosshair_size), (screen_center_x, screen_center_y + crosshair_size)], fill="blue", width=2)
frame = cv2.cvtColor(np.array(img), cv2.COLOR_RGB2BGR)
cv2.imshow('YOLOv5 Detection', frame)
if cv2.waitKey(1) & 0xFF == ord('q'):
break
cap.release()
cv2.destroyAllWindows()
</code></pre>
<p>I've tried every formula and written every code I found online, even asked ChatGPT, but still couldn't find a solution. All I wanted was to measure the distance of detected objects to the camera.</p>

Latest posts

B
Replies
Views
Blundering Ecologist
B