OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

HTML files running extemely slowly in Firefox

• Thread starter Thread starter stackedandcracked
  • Start date Start date
S

stackedandcracked

I have an HTML file that up until yesterday was working perfectly fine with firefox. The file suddenly started running extremely slowly (it's the Odin Project's Etch-a-Sketch project so I could visually see that it was lagging behind) and was given an error that the page was slowing down Firefox.

I was using live server so I turned it on and off a few times, each time it acted the same with the page loading extremely slowly, even the inspector was loading slowly, and it was saying my document had over 60 errors where when it was working before it was only 1 (and I know the error in the JS wasn't effecting it as it was working fine before). I couldn't check what it was flagging as an error as nothing would load.

I updated both VSC and Firefox, and tried just dragging the file into the browser, but nothing is working. At one point it said that MalwareBytes was causing firefox to slow down specifically when I was on that page so I disabled it, but still nothing.

Does anyone know how to fix this? For extra context I'm on Fedora Linux.
<p>I have an HTML file that up until yesterday was working perfectly fine with firefox. The file suddenly started running extremely slowly (it's the Odin Project's Etch-a-Sketch project so I could visually see that it was lagging behind) and was given an error that the page was slowing down Firefox.</p>
<p>I was using live server so I turned it on and off a few times, each time it acted the same with the page loading extremely slowly, even the inspector was loading slowly, and it was saying my document had over 60 errors where when it was working before it was only 1 (and I know the error in the JS wasn't effecting it as it was working fine before). I couldn't check what it was flagging as an error as nothing would load.</p>
<p>I updated both VSC and Firefox, and tried just dragging the file into the browser, but nothing is working. At one point it said that MalwareBytes was causing firefox to slow down specifically when I was on that page so I disabled it, but still nothing.</p>
<p>Does anyone know how to fix this? For extra context I'm on Fedora Linux.</p>
Continue reading...