OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

How to use startOfDay from date-fns with timezones?

• Thread starter Thread starter Andrey Sylka
  • Start date Start date
A

Andrey Sylka

I try to replace momentjs with date-fns

but I am struggling with a very simple thing: I need to calculate startOfDay, end of day and addDays for the dates that I have got in timestamps and according to the giving timezone.

Code:
date = 1492437600; // Monday April 17, 2017 12:00:00 (pm) in time zone America/Noronha
timeZone = 'America/Noronha';
_startOfDay = utcToZonedTime(startOfDay(date*1000), timeZone).getTime()/1000;

and I have got the result for the _startOfDay = 1492365600 that is Sunday April 16, 2017 16:00:00 (pm) in time zone America/Noronha

What I am doing wrong? thanks in advance

<p>I try to replace momentjs with date-fns</p>
<p>but I am struggling with a very simple thing:
I need to calculate startOfDay, end of day and addDays for the dates that I have got in timestamps and according to the giving timezone.</p>
<pre><code>date = 1492437600; // Monday April 17, 2017 12:00:00 (pm) in time zone America/Noronha
timeZone = 'America/Noronha';
_startOfDay = utcToZonedTime(startOfDay(date*1000), timeZone).getTime()/1000;
</code></pre>
<p>and I have got the result for the _startOfDay = 1492365600 that is Sunday April 16, 2017 16:00:00 (pm) in time zone America/Noronha</p>
<p>What I am doing wrong?
thanks in advance</p>