OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

How to use IMDSv2 in an elastic beanstalk environment?

• Thread starter Thread starter wheeler
  • Start date Start date
W

wheeler

I recently read about the new Instance Metadata Service - IMDSv2 that fixes SSRF attacks in an EC2 environment. I understand how it works when I directly use EC2 over the cli. But I couldn't find any information what steps to take to use it in elastic beanstalk which handles EC2 instance creation on my behalf and how to enforce it there.

Can somebody tell me if this already is or will be possible in the future? I couldn't find information on that.

Thanks in advance.
<p>I recently read about the new <a href="https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/securi...ulnerabilities-ec2-instance-metadata-service/" rel="noreferrer">Instance Metadata Service - IMDSv2</a> that fixes SSRF attacks in an EC2 environment.
I understand how it works when I directly use EC2 over the cli.
But I couldn't find any information what steps to take to use it in elastic beanstalk which handles EC2 instance creation on my behalf and how to enforce it there.</p>

<p>Can somebody tell me if this already is or will be possible in the future?
I couldn't find information on that.</p>

<p>Thanks in advance.</p>
Continue reading...