OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

How to update pywin32 automatically?

• Thread starter Thread starter Ancora Imparo
  • Start date Start date
A

Ancora Imparo

As I understand, one cannot use pip to install/upgrade pywin32, though pip install -U pypiwin32 is a workaround.

pywin32 is now hosted on GitHub. I know very little of git but know that it works with binary files. Is there a way to programmatically upgrade the pywin32 binary? That is, say pywin32 v221 is installed with Python v.3.6 (64bit), the program should check against the latest (v223) on GitHub and download the pywin32-223.win-amd64-py3.6.exe and install it. So far, I can only think of a web-scraping-like script that compares the installed version with the latest version on the web and act accordingly. I wonder whether there's a simple solution.
<p>As I understand, one cannot use pip to install/upgrade <code>pywin32</code>, though <code>pip install -U pypiwin32</code> is a workaround.</p>

<p><code>pywin32</code> is now hosted on <a href="https://github.com/mhammond/pywin32/releases" rel="nofollow noreferrer">GitHub</a>. I know very little of <code>git</code> but know that it works with binary files. Is there a way to programmatically upgrade the <code>pywin32</code> binary? That is, say <code>pywin32</code> v221 is installed with Python v.3.6 (64bit), the program should check against the latest (v223) on GitHub and download the <code>pywin32-223.win-amd64-py3.6.exe</code> and install it. So far, I can only think of a web-scraping-like script that compares the installed version with the latest version on the web and act accordingly. I wonder whether there's a simple solution.</p>

Latest posts