OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

How to set mailbox email signature with Powershell and Roaming signatures?

• Thread starter Thread starter Michal Boska
  • Start date Start date
M

Michal Boska

What i am trying to achieve is to have all users use a unified email signature template in a cloud/O365 environment. I came across this documentation https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/p...-mailboxmessageconfiguration?view=exchange-ps

which explicitely says

Note: This parameter doesn't work if the Outlook roaming signatures feature is enabled in your cloud-based organization.

If the users can set their signature in Outlook itself, and it then synchronizes with OWA and other user's devices, how can an admin set the signature for the user on the "server", to let it then synchronize to all user's devices?

The documentation then says

Admins can now temporarily disable roaming signatures without opening a support ticket by using the PostponeRoamingSignaturesUntilLater parameter on the Set-OrganizationConfig cmdlet.

but temporarily and UntilLater sounds to me that this could stop working at any time and is therefore not very future-proof.

Even if i disable it, i actually didn't find a way to set it locally in Outlook, other than some nasty registry and XML hacks (if you also want to include a company logo in the sig).
<p>What i am trying to achieve is to have all users use a unified email signature template in a cloud/O365 environment. I came across this documentation <a href="https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/p...-mailboxmessageconfiguration?view=exchange-ps" rel="nofollow noreferrer">https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/p...-mailboxmessageconfiguration?view=exchange-ps</a></p>
<p>which explicitely says</p>
<blockquote>
<p>Note: This parameter doesn't work if the Outlook roaming signatures feature is enabled in your cloud-based organization.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>If the users can set their signature in Outlook itself, and it then synchronizes with OWA and other user's devices, how can an admin set the signature for the user on the "server", to let it then synchronize to all user's devices?</p>
<p>The documentation then says</p>
<blockquote>
<p>Admins can now temporarily disable roaming signatures without opening a support ticket by using the PostponeRoamingSignaturesUntilLater parameter on the Set-OrganizationConfig cmdlet.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>but <code>temporarily</code> and <code>UntilLater</code> sounds to me that this could stop working at any time and is therefore not very future-proof.</p>
<p>Even if i disable it, i actually didn't find a way to set it locally in Outlook, other than some nasty registry and XML hacks (if you also want to include a company logo in the sig).</p>
Continue reading...

Latest posts

S
Replies
Views
Safwan Aipuram
S