OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

How to install a custom library in Jupyter notebook of GCP?

• Thread starter Thread starter Farah
  • Start date Start date
F

Farah

I am developing a Python library and I need to make it available from GCP Notebook.

Is it possible? How?

Details:

• I use Pipenv to manage my library dependencies. Currently my library source code exists in local and in a private git repository. So it is not in PyPI.
  • My code has multiple module files in nested directories.
  • My library's dependencies exist in PyPI.

• Using Pipenv, the dependencies are described in Pipefile.

• This is the type of my Jupyter VM instance : https://cloud.google.com/deep-learning-vm

• And this is some interesting structure I could find using SSH from Google console :

Code:
$ ls /opt/deeplearning/ 
bin  binaries  deps  jupyter  metadata  proxy-agent-config.json  restriction  src  workspace
  • I envisage to install my library (using pip or something else) to be able to import its modules from the notebooks.
  • I need that all the dependencies of my library to be installed when installing the library.
  • If the Python Packages Index is public, I don't want to publish my library in it being proprietary.

Thank you.
<p>I am developing a Python library and I need to make it available from GCP Notebook.</p>

<p>Is it possible? How?</p>

<p>Details:</p>

<ul>
<li>I use Pipenv to manage my library dependencies. Currently my library source code exists in local and in a private git repository. So it is not in PyPI.</li>
<li>My code has multiple module files in nested directories.</li>
<li>My library's dependencies exist in PyPI.</li>
<li><p>Using Pipenv, the dependencies are described in Pipefile.</p></li>
<li><p>This is the type of my Jupyter VM instance : <a href="https://cloud.google.com/deep-learning-vm" rel="nofollow noreferrer">https://cloud.google.com/deep-learning-vm</a></p></li>
<li><p>And this is some interesting structure I could find using SSH from Google console :</p></li>
</ul>

<pre><code>$ ls /opt/deeplearning/
bin binaries deps jupyter metadata proxy-agent-config.json restriction src workspace
</code></pre>

<ul>
<li>I envisage to install my library (using <code>pip</code> or something else) to be able to import its modules from the notebooks.</li>
<li>I need that all the dependencies of my library to be installed when installing the library.</li>
<li>If the Python Packages Index is public, I don't want to publish my library in it being proprietary.</li>
</ul>

<p>Thank you.</p>
Continue reading...

Latest posts