OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

How to Handle Rate Limiting in Telegram Bot API?

• Thread starter Thread starter Iman Mohammadi
  • Start date Start date
I

Iman Mohammadi

I'm currently developing a Telegram bot using Python, and I've encountered issues with the API's rate limits, which result in 429: Too Many Requests errors. I'm using the python-telegram-bot library. I'm looking for best practices to efficiently manage and handle these rate limits to ensure my bot remains responsive without violating Telegram's API constraints. Specifically, I'm interested in:

1. Strategies for optimizing request frequency.
  2. Techniques for implementing retries after hitting a rate limit.
  3. Any utility or support within the python-telegram-bot library that assists in handling rate limits.

What solutions or patterns have proven effective?
<p>I'm currently developing a Telegram bot using Python, and I've encountered issues with the API's rate limits, which result in 429: Too Many Requests errors. I'm using the python-telegram-bot library. I'm looking for best practices to efficiently manage and handle these rate limits to ensure my bot remains responsive without violating Telegram's API constraints. Specifically, I'm interested in:</p>
<ol>
<li>Strategies for optimizing request frequency.</li>
<li>Techniques for implementing retries after hitting a rate limit.</li>
<li>Any utility or support within the python-telegram-bot library that assists in handling rate limits.</li>
</ol>
<p>What solutions or patterns have proven effective?</p>

Latest posts

S
Replies
Views
Sergey Bakaev Rettley
S