OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

How to get value from clipboard

• Thread starter Thread starter Jay
  • Start date Start date
J

Jay

I read in the past that Google Apps Script does not allow copying values into clipboard but can it at least copy data from clipboard? If there is a way, what would the script look like as I have no clue.

I have a spreadsheet where users copy 2-3 lines of data (Address) from external source (Email or PDF) and then paste that date into multiple cells on the spreadsheet. Users usually have to copy-paste the street1, street2, zip code, state etc. into different cells.

I am trying to create a script where users just need to select address1 cell and then call on the script to get value from clipboard and auto-distribute it to their expected cells. Is this possible?

<p>I read in the past that Google Apps Script does not allow copying values into clipboard but can it at least copy data from clipboard? If there is a way, what would the script look like as I have no clue.</p>
<p>I have a spreadsheet where users copy 2-3 lines of data (Address) from external source (Email or PDF) and then paste that date into multiple cells on the spreadsheet. Users usually have to copy-paste the street1, street2, zip code, state etc. into different cells.</p>
<p>I am trying to create a script where users just need to select address1 cell and then call on the script to get value from clipboard and auto-distribute it to their expected cells. Is this possible?</p>