OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

How to get the info from the hoverbox?

• Thread starter Thread starter codeledger
  • Start date Start date
C

codeledger

I'm making a python web scrapper for MyAnimeList

So basically if you go onto the website, and if you hover onto a title of an anime. It'll pop up a hover window which gives out a brief details of this anime.

I'm trying to use request and beautifulsoup4 module to get the html of the hoverwindow. Specifically, I want my program to grab the Genres for each anime on that page and possibly put them into a list.

How do I do that?

The html for a genre will go like this(Every genre is the subclass of detail)

Code:
<span class="dark_text">Genres:</span>
The genre for the anime

When I use:

Code:
soup.find_all("span",class_="dark_text")

It returns nothing.
<p>I'm making a python web scrapper for <a href="https://myanimelist.net/topanime.php" rel="nofollow noreferrer">MyAnimeList</a></p>
<p>So basically if you go onto the website, and if you hover onto a title of an anime. It'll pop up a hover window which gives out a brief details of this anime.</p>
<p>I'm trying to use <code>request</code> and <code>beautifulsoup4</code> module to get the html of the hoverwindow. Specifically, I want my program to grab the <code>Genres</code> for each anime on that page and possibly put them into a list.</p>
<p>How do I do that?</p>
<p>The html for a genre will go like this(Every genre is the subclass of <code>detail</code>)</p>
<pre><code><span class="dark_text">Genres:</span>
The genre for the anime
</code></pre>
<p>When I use:</p>
<pre><code>soup.find_all("span",class_="dark_text")
</code></pre>
<p>It returns nothing.</p>

Latest posts