OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

How to create (or skip) iPhone 5.5' assets [duplicate]

• Thread starter Thread starter ssantos
  • Start date Start date
S

ssantos

Trying to upload the iPhone version of my app, I faced every single possible issue on creating an iPhone 8 Plus simulator to create 5.5' assets. Unfortunately, my app is based on iOS 17 and seems I'm using quite a few iOS 16-17 features, so downgrading to 15 (the latest iPhone 8 Plus is compatible with) is not an option.

Any known alternative to create these assets on a different simulator or maybe to automate to resizing / clipping from the 6.5 screenshots? Or, since my app won't actually be compatible with iPhone 8 Plus anyway, is it possible to just skip these screenshots at all?

EDIT

I'm aware of this kind of questions.-

iPhone App Submission requires 5.5 inch display screenshots, but Xcode does not offer any simulators for these devices

which is not what I'm asking. I do know how to create an iPhone 8 Plus simulator with iOS 15, my issue is that I cannot run my app on it because I can't downgrade to iOS 15.
<p>Trying to upload the iPhone version of my app, I faced every single possible issue on creating an iPhone 8 Plus simulator to create <code>5.5'</code> assets. Unfortunately, my app is based on <code>iOS 17</code> and seems I'm using quite a few <code>iOS 16-17</code> features, so downgrading to 15 (the latest iPhone 8 Plus is compatible with) is not an option.</p>
<p>Any known alternative to create these assets on a different simulator or maybe to automate to resizing / clipping from the <code>6.5</code> screenshots? Or, since my app won't actually be compatible with <code>iPhone 8 Plus</code> anyway, is it possible to just skip these screenshots at all?</p>
<p><strong>EDIT</strong></p>
<p>I'm aware of this kind of questions.-</p>
<p><a href="https://stackoverflow.com/questions...5-inch-display-screenshots-but-xcode-does-not">iPhone App Submission requires 5.5 inch display screenshots, but Xcode does not offer any simulators for these devices</a></p>
<p>which is not what I'm asking. I do know how to create an iPhone 8 Plus simulator with iOS 15, my issue is that I cannot run my app on it because I can't downgrade to iOS 15.</p>
Continue reading...

Latest posts

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Ads by Eonads