OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

How do I link to an elements in the Elements panel from my own developed panel in chrome extension

• Thread starter Thread starter Jason Hocker
  • Start date Start date
J

Jason Hocker

I created my own chrome extension. One thing it does is inspect the HTML. I am passing the new XMLSerializer().serializeToString(document) through chrome.runtime.sendMessage from the content script to devtools panel. Let me know if I can do that easier. But now that I DOMParser the string to get a document and do some work with it, I would like to be able to link to certain xpaths in the Elements panel, when the user clicks on a button or a link I generate in this custom panel. How can I link to a specific element in the Elements panel?

<p>I created my own chrome extension. One thing it does is inspect the HTML. I am passing the new XMLSerializer().serializeToString(document) through chrome.runtime.sendMessage from the content script to devtools panel. Let me know if I can do that easier. But now that I DOMParser the string to get a document and do some work with it, I would like to be able to link to certain xpaths in the Elements panel, when the user clicks on a button or a link I generate in this custom panel. How can I link to a specific element in the Elements panel?</p>