OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

How do I improve performance when downloading files from an Amazon S3 Bucket?

• Thread starter Thread starter Mahesh Bhagat
  • Start date Start date
M

Mahesh Bhagat

I am trying to download a 19 Mb file from an an Amazon S3 bucket using Amazon SDK but it eventually takes a lot more time than Amazon CLI. The code I am using is below:

Code:
AmazonS3 s3Client = AmazonS3ClientBuilder.standard()
                    .withRegion(Regions.EU_WEST_1)
                    .withCredentials(new DefaultAWSCredentialsProviderChain())
                    .build();

s3Client.getObject(new GetObjectRequest("bucketName", "path/fileName.zip"), new File("localFileName.zip"));

If we compare downloading timings of both mechanisms then: Amazon SDK took around 9 min to get it downloaded whereas Amazon CLI took around 5 seconds.

Is there a way where we can decrease downloading time while using Amazon SDK?
<p>I am trying to download a 19 Mb file from an an Amazon S3 bucket using Amazon SDK but it eventually takes a lot more time than Amazon CLI. The code I am using is below:</p>
<pre><code>AmazonS3 s3Client = AmazonS3ClientBuilder.standard()
.withRegion(Regions.EU_WEST_1)
.withCredentials(new DefaultAWSCredentialsProviderChain())
.build();

s3Client.getObject(new GetObjectRequest("bucketName", "path/fileName.zip"), new File("localFileName.zip"));
</code></pre>
<p><strong>If we compare downloading timings of both mechanisms then:</strong> Amazon SDK took around 9 min to get it downloaded whereas Amazon CLI took around 5 seconds.</p>
<p><strong>Is there a way where we can decrease downloading time while using Amazon SDK?</strong></p>
Continue reading...

Latest posts

A
Replies
Views
Ashrik Ahamed
A
A
Replies
Views
Ashrik Ahamed
A