OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

How do I get PyCharm 2024 to use the right Python version?

• Thread starter Thread starter NicholasTW
  • Start date Start date
N

NicholasTW

My company computer came pre-installed with Python version 3.13. Unfortunately, the standard we've been using for the past few years is version 3.7.0, which means a lot of our packages/venvs are incompatible with version 3.13. So, I uninstalled 3.13 and installed 3.7.0.

Unfortunately, every time I attempt to create a new interpreter, it keeps defaulting back to 3.13, even though I uninstalled it and specifically set the path to 3.7. I also made sure to update my environment variables and restart my computer.

Below are images showing me setting up a new Python interpreter (I made sure to clear out all pre-existing interpreters and venvs for the project beforehand):

The interpreter location I chose

As shown, it keeps reporting as version 3.13

Does anyone have any idea how I can correct this behavior?

I tried uninstalling version 3.13, updating my environment variables, restarting PyCharm and my computer, clearing out all pre-existing interpreters, everything I could think of. Nothing caused this behavior to change. I select version 3.7 in the path, and then it reports as Python 3.13 (which, later on, causes version issues when attempting to import packages).
<p>My company computer came pre-installed with Python version 3.13. Unfortunately, the standard we've been using for the past few years is version 3.7.0, which means a lot of our packages/venvs are incompatible with version 3.13. So, I uninstalled 3.13 and installed 3.7.0.</p>
<p>Unfortunately, every time I attempt to create a new interpreter, it keeps defaulting back to 3.13, even though I uninstalled it and specifically set the path to 3.7. I also made sure to update my environment variables and restart my computer.</p>
<p>Below are images showing me setting up a new Python interpreter (I made sure to clear out all pre-existing interpreters and venvs for the project beforehand):</p>
<p><a href="https://i.sstatic.net/oLB9D3A4.png" rel="nofollow noreferrer">The interpreter location I chose</a></p>
<p><a href="https://i.sstatic.net/OlekAeQ1.png" rel="nofollow noreferrer">As shown, it keeps reporting as version 3.13</a></p>
<p>Does anyone have any idea how I can correct this behavior?</p>
<p>I tried uninstalling version 3.13, updating my environment variables, restarting PyCharm and my computer, clearing out all pre-existing interpreters, everything I could think of. Nothing caused this behavior to change. I select version 3.7 in the path, and then it reports as Python 3.13 (which, later on, causes version issues when attempting to import packages).</p>

Latest posts

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors