OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

How can I correctly write a Python filter function in Excel 365?

• Thread starter Thread starter python_noob
  • Start date Start date
P

python_noob

While working on a project, I wanted to use the filter function in excel in order to display things in a neat and professional fashion. Unfortunately, openpyxl (3.1.4) doesn't support the filter function, so one has to add it to the python code like this:

Code:
example = "=_xlfn.FILTER(Index!$D$4:$D$100,Index!$F$4:$F$100=\"JA\",\"\")"
ws['C4']= example

When the program runs, it enters the data into the workbook...with an @ at the beginning of the formula like so:

Code:
=@FILTER(Index!$D$4:$D$100;Index!$F$4:$F$100="JA";"")

This symbol causes the filter function to only display the first instance of an item instead of displaying the entire list. Of course when one deletes the symbol everything works normally.

Of course I can manually delete it every time, but that would get annoying after a while since this program will be used quite often. How can I utilize this powerful feature in Python? Or do I need to just grin and bear it?
<p>While working on a project, I wanted to use the filter function in excel in order to display things in a neat and professional fashion. Unfortunately, openpyxl (3.1.4) doesn't support the filter function, so one has to add it to the python code like this:</p>
<pre><code>example = "=_xlfn.FILTER(Index!$D$4:$D$100,Index!$F$4:$F$100=\"JA\",\"\")"
ws['C4']= example
</code></pre>
<p>When the program runs, it enters the data into the workbook...with an <code>@</code> at the beginning of the formula like so:</p>
<pre><code>=@FILTER(Index!$D$4:$D$100;Index!$F$4:$F$100="JA";"")
</code></pre>
<p>This symbol causes the filter function to only display the first instance of an item instead of displaying the entire list. Of course when one deletes the symbol everything works normally.</p>
<p>Of course I can manually delete it every time, but that would get annoying after a while since this program will be used quite often. How can I utilize this powerful feature in Python? Or do I need to just grin and bear it?</p>

Latest posts