OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

"git push" command authentication failed despite correct user name and password [duplicate]

• Thread starter Thread starter Naing
  • Start date Start date
N

Naing

I am very new to tech things and I am following along with the HTML, CSS, and Javascript for Web Developers course on Coursera. When I run 'git push' command in command line, the Github Credential Mananger appears on the screen. So I choose 'Sign in with your browser' and that opens the browser but the page says "This site can't be reach". But in the command line, it asks User Name and Password for GitHub. I entered the correct user name and password but the authentication is failed.

This appears when I run git push command

Error appears despite correct user name and password

• I didn't change User Name or Password.
  • I don't see credentials for GitHub in my windows credential manager.
  • I have reinstalled git as I found in some thread that solve the problem.
  • My OS is Windows 7
  • git version is 2.42.0.windows.2

I appreciate if anyone could help me successfully run 'git push' command to continue the course.
<p>I am very new to tech things and I am following along with the HTML, CSS, and Javascript for Web Developers course on Coursera.
When I run 'git push' command in command line, the Github Credential Mananger appears on the screen. So I choose 'Sign in with your browser' and that opens the browser but the page says "This site can't be reach".
But in the command line, it asks User Name and Password for GitHub. I entered the correct user name and password but the authentication is failed.</p>
<p><a href="https://i.sstatic.net/LNvud.png" rel="nofollow noreferrer">This appears when I run git push command</a></p>
<p><a href="https://i.sstatic.net/6u3xm.png" rel="nofollow noreferrer">Error appears despite correct user name and password</a></p>
<ul>
<li>I didn't change User Name or Password.</li>
<li>I don't see credentials for GitHub in my windows credential manager.</li>
<li>I have reinstalled git as I found in some thread that solve the problem.</li>
<li>My OS is Windows 7</li>
<li>git version is 2.42.0.windows.2</li>
</ul>
<p>I appreciate if anyone could help me successfully run 'git push' command to continue the course.</p>
Continue reading...